Email Subscription Policy and Agreement
In order to make every effort to be 100% compliant with your legal privacy rights I want to set out here what you can expect to receive from us when you subscribe to our emails. I want you to be delighted with your content and for you to be clear on the whole process. These few paragraphs of blurb are designed to give you that info quickly and easily.
When you enter your details into the sign up form and complete the sign-up process you will receive free email content from our library of resources and new information that we are creating all the time. Completing the signup process confirms that you give us your permission to contact you via email.
As well as the free core learning materials and stories, we will also periodically offer products that you may choose to buy if you feel that they will be of value to you. There is never any obligation to buy any of the products offered – and you can also unsubscribe from our email list at any time.
We will not share your details with any third party (unless you take the unusual step of specifically directing us to do that) and we will take all reasonable precautions to store your details securely as set out in our Terms and Conditions for Website Use (below).
While we cannot guarantee your results from either the free or premium content/products, we will do our very best to offer you content that has helped us to enjoy great success and satisfaction in our own activities.
Paul Gaskell (on behalf of myself and John Pearson)
Please see our full Terms and Conditions for Use of our Website as follows:
Terms and Conditions for Website Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Double Badger Media’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Double Badger Media’s web site; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Double Badger Media at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Double Badger Media’s web site are provided “as is”. Double Badger Media makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Double Badger Media does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Double Badger Media or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Double Badger Media’s Internet site, even if Double Badger Media or a Double Badger Media authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Double Badger Media’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Double Badger Media does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Double Badger Media may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Double Badger Media does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Double Badger Media has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Double Badger Media of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Double Badger Media’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Collection of Non Personal Information
We also use specific technologies in connection with certain communications such as emails that may be used to track actions by recipients. For example, these communications may include one or more clickable text or graphics that include URLs that link to content on the Sites. However, these URLs, may pass through a web server that tracks the click before arriving at the linked content on the Sites. The tracked data can help us determine the effectiveness of our communications to users and customers, or to gauge interest in specific topics. If you prefer not to have your responses to such communications tracked in this manner, do not click links in the email messages. Such communications may also include pixel tags that can tell us whether e.g. an email has been opened. We may use this information to throttle the number of messages sent to users or customers, or to remove people who do not read or interact with our communications from one or more lists.
Cookies and other technologies can generally be controlled on your devices. If you want to disable cookies and you should review your privacy or security settings. Please note that certain features of the Sites or related software, products, or services may not be available if you have cookies disabled on your device. We will typically try to warn you that a page or feature you are trying to reach will not function without cookies enabled. If you have your cookies on your device or browser disabled and are having difficulties you may wish to enable them to see if the problem is resolved.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- We may collect information in a number of ways from users who access our Sites or services. We collect personal and non-personal information in various ways. You may provide your information to us to receive a product, service, or communication from us; we may request your information to better serve you; or we may require your information in order to be able complete a transaction (e.g. a purchase) or provide access (e.g. to a paid service).
- We are registered with (and pay our annual subscription fees to) the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) in accordance with the requirements of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).